This advanced course examines the role of the Senior Mental health Lead in embedding a whole school approach to Mental Health and Wellbeing.
As the number of children and young people seeking support for mental health conditions rises, the role of the Senior Mental Health Lead has become more and more critical for schools.
This advanced Masterclass has been designed specifically for Senior Mental Health Leads who have undertaken the DfE fund training and who want to deepen their knowledge of the role to understand how better to embed a whole school approach to mental health and wellbeing.
You’ll come away with practical ideas and strategies for auditing your current mental health and wellbeing policy to ensure a whole school focus.
Mental Health Leads, Aspiring Mental Health Leads and anyone with an interest in mental health in schools shoudl attend.
Key Learning Objectives
This course will:
- Help you to fulfil the role of the Senior Mental Health Lead at an advanced level
- Give you insight into the key roles and responsibilities of the mental health lead
- Bring you up to date with current government guidance on mental health and wellbeing in schools
- Enable you to understand how to develop mental health and wellbeing as a whole school approach
- Understand the importance of mental health and wellbeing across the whole school curriculum
- Be able to write your school mental health policy or audit existing policies to ensure appropriate read across to related areas of school policy
Lorraine Petersen has 25 years’ experience in the mainstream school environment as a Teacher and Headteacher. From 2004 – 2013 Lorraine was CEO of nasen, a charitable organisation supporting all those who work with children and young people with SEND. She worked on a number of projects with various agencies including the Department for Education, the National College of Teaching and Leadership and UKTI, not to mention being a chair, keynote speaker and workshop facilitator at numerous national and international events and conferences.
Jane is a former SEN Head Teacher, with significant leadership experience in LA SEN Support advisory roles and as Chief Executive at nasen, Jane is Director of SEND Consultancy Jane has a wealth of experience and successful SEND and School Improvement leadership of national and international projects commissioned by DfE, Local Authorities, National College of Teaching and Leadership